Just photos of us, family and friends.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The First Holiday Gift

When I arrived to visit with Grammy this morning, she was already in the dining room with her head down on the table, a position she often takes "to rest." Only this time she was actually sleeping quite soundly. The nurse told me she had her shower this morning, and that always tires her out. She was too sleepy to consider opening her present (although she did admire the wrapping paper), so I scratched her back for a while, and got her a small glass of orange juice. Once she perked up a little, I talked her into going down to her room.

In her room, I watered the plants, then encouraged her to open the gift, which had arrived at my house in a package from Rob and Vonnie last week. The note said to bring this one on my next visit and save the others for Christmas, so after I convinced her she didn't after to wait, she tore into the package. Grammy has always been meticulous about opening packages, taking great care to unfasten each piece of tape with the least possible damage to the paper. Today was certainly no exception. The package contained a set of red velvet reindeer antlers, comlete with jingling bells. She got quite a kick out of them, and wore them to lunch, garnishing some compliments along the way. Here's the final shot, with Grammy wearing her new festive reindeer antlers:

Photos by Sara, 12/19/06.

1 comment:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL! This is very cute! Thanks so much for going to see her and bringing her the gift! How cute! :-D